Tuesday 4 November 2008

Video montage

Yesterday I went out and took a few random video clips, mainly of Rory who tends to demand the attention (!) as he is such a bl**dy ratbag! That is one colt foal that needs gelding! Shame really as I would love to keep him entire and use him over my Kingsway Diamond mare and Bella but I value my life and my sanity too much to try and tackle him as a 2 year old with balls! Boy does he need some lessons in manners. I have to say, he is however fabulous to halter and handle. He's just a right sh*t to his mother and a scallywag through and through. But I do love to grab his head between my hands and kiss him squarly on the nose. Not sure the feeling is mutual ...

Robbie's two TBx fillies also feature briefly and, when I pan across the paddocks at the beginning, you will see monster filly Aine in her paddock with Maude. At about 2:20 you will also see Nick taking Silas for a walk in the background. He's ok this morning. Temperature is down but he is not drinking as much as normal and still definitely needs help to get to his feet plus is fairly constipated, despite the increased laxatives. I'm thinking of diluting his milk even more in an attempt to try and sort this out - clydesdales are such good 'doers', perhaps he is just doing too well on the milk and needs it even trimmer? I really wish he would hurry up and turn the corner - I know he has a lot of aunties and uncles all over the country (and the world) jingling for him and I would hate to be responsible for letting all these lovely people down - he simply HAS to get through this!! We love him far too much now and I made that promise to his mum ...

1 comment: