Thursday 13 November 2008

Hamish babies

At times like this, it is nice to have a reminder of why we do what we do. Today, within moments of each other, I received two emails. One from a lady who bred her mare to Hamish last season with photos of her new foal attached. The photos made me laugh and I have popped them on here for you all to see. The mare is a 3/4 TB by It's About Time, out of a Clydesdale cross mare. The foal has just about the longest legs I think I have ever seen on a foal. He was 30 days 'late' but strangely looks a little undercooked (check out that floppy ear!). He's also enormous. Love him, and love the updates.

The second email came from a lady I sold a weanling to 5 years ago. Bijou was Genna's last foal for us (Genna being Roxy the orphan, Bridie and Bella's mum) and she was a twin. She was TINY when she was born but strong and healthy. I sold her to a wonderful home up north and her mum has kept in regular contact with me. BJ is now going to pony club and lapping it all up. She's been measured and has made a whopping 14.1HH - Hamish's only pony baby and isn't she cute!

BJ trotting BJ jumpin'

Legacy Yoga
Ear he is
Face plant

Silas had an OK night. He has put on weight, which is great, BUT it means he is getting harder and harder to pick up. Christina and I really struggled at 11pm last night and Nick has tweaked his back. If this continues, we are going to have to work out some sort of winch! He had his last shot of the current AB last night and last shot of anti inflams. We called our vet this morning first thing and he is going to try and talk to the people at Massey about where to next. So, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment