Thursday 4 December 2008

A week on ...

It is a week, to the hour, since we said good bye to our Angel Silas. I still cry when I think about him for more than a fleeting moment and have to steal myself and focus on something else. His loss affected us all deeply and we will never forget him or the love that he brought into our lives. His stall is very empty and his cover and halter are still lying, folded, in the corner, waiting for me to clear them away - I can't quite bring myself to do this yet.

I'm still not sure about what I want to do long-term with the horses and breeding but am happy to have secured good temporary homes for my breeding mares. Robbie may have found the perfect lease home but there are a few problems with distance and cost to get him there. Hopefully they can be resolved soon or I might just have to pop one of my girls with him - for now he is happy with his paddock and his view of the property and the horses. I don't think it is quite the same as having a mare & foal running with him but he seems to know that I can't provide him with that right now and he is very settled and calm in himself. He has a wise head on his broad young shoulders.

We're still receiving emails and phone calls from people who were touched by Silas' story. The help we have received both financially and emotionally is nothing less than astonishing and we look forward to the day when we can pay it forward and be there for others in difficult situations. If you are one of the wonderful people who has helped us please know that we are more thankful than it is possible to express in words and your help means the world to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment