Friday 25 April 2008

Our first dressage lesson

Gawd I am knackered!!! We had our lesson with Jo today, my first real dressage lesson in YEARS! What a work out for Reilly and for me (an hour). Jo has 5 horses and of course they are all mares so Reilly chose today to realise he has balls, lol! The silly dufus fell in love with the very pretty weanling (he's a cradle snatcher!) filly in the paddock next to the arena. Not only was she a baby but her dam is by Light Spirits as is Reilly's dam 'What a Lark' so she is his cousin as well. He sang out merrily to her through the first half of the lesson and grew about a hand every time he had to trot past her, eejit! We also had a microlight go up in the paddock right next to the arena! - I mean what are the freakin odds?! Fortunately I was more worried about the microlight than Reilly was (he was too busy chatting up the new love of his life to care) and I was sure it was about to buzz us and was just preparing to bail out, hehe! Really happy with the boy though as once I had his focus, he tried really hard for me and even when he was distracted, he was not dirty, just focussed elsewhere rather than on me.
He was quite unsteady in his head during the lesson. I had my suspiscions that the saddle was pinching and unfortunately it appears that it was so, the GP is out and the dressage saddle, in

First dressage start tomorrow - Am pretty much pooping in my pants but I am sure he will look after me ...

Photos below and a video at the bottom:



















No comments:

Post a Comment