Thursday 24 March 2011

Jess and Brennan

Yesterday Brennan had a young lady come out to meet him and have a ride. The weather was awful but did not deter rider or pony which was a very good start! I am hoping that Jess will be the rider to introduce Brennan to the big wide world of competitive riding as I really would like him to get out and have some exposure - Nothing really advertises a stallion more than performance and whilst I am unlikely to be in a position financially to have him well campaigned, something is definitely better than nothing! I would like him to do some dressage over the winter and more dressage plus some show hunter and possibly even a couple of baby ODE's next season - I am also hoping Jess will have lessons and do some clinics on him if we can find appropriate opportunities. I can't do this with him myself so have been quietly looking for a young rider to take on the job and I think my search might be over. Still need to work through the nitty gritty (like a saddle that fits them both, argh!) but the first ride went well and I think Jess and Brennan liked each other. I took a few photos and in some you can see just how awful the weather was!









No comments:

Post a Comment